SPICY CHICKEN TORTILLA ROLL-UPS
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or canned cooked chicken)
- 1 10-oz can Ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 12 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Colby-jack cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tsp. ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 6 green onions (scallions), which and green parts, chopped
- 6-8 large flour tortillas (I like to use a variety of white, tomato and spinach)
Season chicken breasts with garlic salt, 1/2 tsp. of the cumin, and 1 tsp. of chili powder. Grill, or cook in a skillet with a little olive oil until cooked through, turning halfway. Cool slightly and shred. (If using canned, cooked chicken, shred the chicken up a bit in a bowl and add the above seasonings).
In a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, drained tomatoes and green chiles, cheese, remaining spices, garlic, cilantro, and onions. Mix together until well-incorporated.Add cooled chicken and stir together.
Lay out tortillas and divide mixture evenly in the center of each. Spread into a thin layer leaving the edges clean. Roll each tortilla tightly. Do not fold in the ends like to would with a burrito, but leave the open.
Using a sharp knife, cut into 1-inch thick slices and transfer to a serving platter. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
*These can be made the day before, and kept in a covered plastic container.