- 4 lb. beef rib roast
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- Herb Rub (below)
- Horseradish Sauce, if desired (below)
Heat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare Herb Rub. Place beef, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Rub garlic over beef. Spread mustard over top and sides of beef. Spread herb rub over top and sides of beef. Insert thermometer so tip is in center of thickest part of beef and does not touch the bone. Roast uncovered, 1 1/2 - 2 hours, or until thermometer reads 140 degrees (medium doneness; 130 for rare; 150 for well done). Cover beef loosely with foil tent and let stand about 15 minutes, or until thermometer reads 140 degrees. Serve beef with Horseradish sauce.
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves (or 1 1/2 tsp. dried)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary leaves (or 1 1/2 tsp. dried)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Mix all ingredients.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. horseradish (more if you want it hotter)
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
Mix all ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
This recipe, and 349 others can be found in our cookbook "Rocky Mountain Lodge & Cabins Favorite Recipes" which can be purchased in our Gift Shop. Click Here to order your copy.