- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 tsp. coconut extract (optional)
- additional sugar
- 1 1/4 cups pecan halves
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in the oil, egg and extracts.
Combine the flours, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the toffee bits, pecans and coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, or your thumb, make an indentation in the center of each. Spoon 1 teaspoon of filling into the center of each cookie. Top with a pecan half. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
Makes 5 1/2 dozen cookies.
This recipe, and 349 others can be found in our cookbook "Rocky Mountain Lodge & Cabins Favorite Recipes" which can be purchased in our Gift Shop. Click Here to order your copy.