- 2 (20-oz) cans pineapple tidbits, drained (reserve juice)
- 1 (20-oz) can crushed pineapple, drained (reserve juice)
- 3 (11-oz) cans mandarin oranges, drained (discard juice)
- 1 3/4 cups reserved pineapple juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 (16-oz) box Acini de Pepe pasta
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup shredded coconut
In a medium saucepan combine flour, sugar and salt. Stir in 1 3/4 cups reserved pineapple juice, and eggs. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thickened. Add the lemon juice and set aside to cool.
Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Pour into large bowl. Add pineapple and oranges. Add cooled sauce, marshmallows, and coconut.
Whip cream and fold into pasta mixture. Chill until ready to serve.
This is a wonderful dish for a large crowd, and always a huge hit. Perfect for potlucks or family BBQ's!
Visit Rocky Mountain Lodge & Cabins' recipe page at http://www.rockymountainlodge.com/recipes.htm for more recipes.